Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution concerns storing and/or sharing certain content on a web server administered by a web hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a peek at these. In this way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to run a web page, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by some hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely distorted interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between individual sets of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different webspace hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you want to share a great number of images with pals or partners since the service is mostly free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your mail accounts. Some distributors offer webspace hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you desire to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a problem with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to utilize as many videos as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for particular content solely.